Ohio Veterans Homes
The Ohio Veterans Homes are comprised of three facilities at two locations:
- A home located near Lake Erie in Sandusky, Ohio(approximately 60 miles west of Cleveland) which offers standard and special care in its licensed nursing home.
- The Sandusky home also offers Veterans Hall, a domiciliary(DOM) for those who are able to function in an independent living situation, and DOM+ for those requiring very limited assistance (supervised care) but who do not require the level of care provided to nursing home residents.
- A home located in scenic, rural Georgetown, Ohio(approximately 45 miles east of Cincinnati), which offers skilled nursing services providing two levels of nursing care: standard care and secure care.
You need to be an Ohio resident for one year, at any time during lifetime.
- Served on active duty during a time of war or armed conflict or be the recipient of the Purple Heart, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Navy/Marines Corps Expeditionary Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, or Southwest Asia Service Medal.
- Have received their most recent discharge under honorable conditions.
- Be disabled by disease, wounds, or otherwise and, by reason of such disability, incapable of earning a living.
- Individuals who are current drug and alcohol abusers, psychotics, or have active tuberculosis are not eligible for immediate admission.
Location in Ohio Law: Ohio Revised Code 5907
Contact Phone Number: 800-572-7934
Go to the Ohio Department of Veterans Services Website to view and print a pre-admission form and application.